Monday, November 9, 2009

Cozy Comfort

My home is a safe place, a beautiful and restful respite from the world, a cozy comfortable place of beauty where all who enter know they are loved. 

I am a homebody.  My favorite place to be is wrapped up in a lovely, fluffy, welcoming throw, drinking hot cocoa as I chat with friends or family.  Don't get me wrong.  I love to go out for special events like Coffee shops, Church, movies and more.  But at the end of the day I want to go home to my carefully decorated lovely sanctuary.

Years ago I heard a Pastor say that the home is the woman's domain.  I liked that, I mean I really liked that!  I have always felt that my home should reflect me.  From the carefully arranged silk flowers sitting on the credenza to the temperpedic bed I fall into every night.  I love my home.

It is interesting how subtle changes occur throughout the years.  As I have grown and changed, so has my tastes and reflections of beauty.  When I enter my friend Sally's house I see Sally everywhere.  Sally's favorite color's was blue for many years.  Now she is has various hues of green and warm rusts running through her home.  Throughout the years I have seen Sally's home change and evolve into a Better Homes and Garden display of wonder.  Her beauty and sophistication is seen in every room.

My friend Cathy has a completely different form of expression going on in her home.  Cathy says, she loves junk.  What she means is that she is drawn to days gone by.  She loves antique stores and anything really old.  She has cigar boxes and old coffee tins displayed on a shelf in her kitchen.  If I had all of her 'junk' it would most certainly look like junk in my home.  But Cathy has a gift.  She displays those old time items in such a way that makes her home cozy and filled with comfort and charm. 

As I begin this blog, I hope you all will chime in with your ideas.  We are all were born with a creative bent.  Some have not yet found theirs.  Let's help each other discover who we are and what makes our home a cozy comfortable dwelling place.

No comments:

Post a Comment